WDW Vacation Recap – Part 1

Honestly, I’m kind of overwhelmed about recapping this vacation.  I’m crazy, right?  But we were gone for 10 days and I’m trying to figure out how to get it all out here without making myself more crazy.

I don’t think I’m going to do it day by day, at least not a post for each day.  That would take me forever and well all know how GREAT {ahem} I am about blogging.

I’ll figure it all out, but be forewarned, I have thousands of pictures, literally, that I have to choose from.  What you’re going to see is just an itsy bitsy sampling.  Mkay?

SOOOOO, to start out, the day before we left {Friday}, my MIL, SIL and I headed to the nail salon to get pedi’s.

MIL’s toes.  Minnie Mouse style.

Then I went to work.  Boo!

That night, after we finished packing, we went four minutes down the street and picked my SIL & her husband up.  The four of us, plus Kyle and Heidi’s brother, Tyler, went to the theater to see The Lion King in 3D.  It started at 8:15, I think, and got over after 10pm.  We figured since we were headed to Disney, we might as well go to the movies to kill time.  Oh, did I happen to mention that Shuttle Express was picking us up at 2:50 AM?!  Yeah, so we went to the movie to kill time.  It was fun to see a movie from my childhood in 3D, even though I’m not a huge fan of 3D {it hurts my eyes}.

When the movie was over, we went to my inlaws.  All of our luggage was in our car and all the rest was inside the door.  I wouldn’t be surprised if my MIL took a picture of it, but I don’t have her pictures yet.  But there was a lot!

Honestly, I don’t really know what we did once we were there.  I know I curled up in a ball on the couch and snuggled in for a few hours.  My inlaws were already asleep so it was just the five of us downstairs in the living room.  After awhile I know we were all asleep, at least for a little bit.  My SIL and her hub kept on saying that they’d taken a nap that afternoon so they didn’t need to sleep then {They’re CRAZY, I tell ya!  I couldn’t keep my eyes open if I wanted to!}.  As the hour for pickup approached, we all started stirring, although I fought it as long as I could.  Who in their right mind goes to the airport at such and ungodly hour?  Oh, that’d be US!  Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:00 AM!  UGH!!

Shuttle Express finally gets there.  I don’t remember what time but it was after 3:00 AM.  So the seven of us pile into this van with all our luggage stashed in the back and our carry-on’s near us.  Here we are thinking we have this thing to ourselves.  But nope!  There was an older guy in the first row and the most annoying woman in the front seat!  This woman is talking on the phone, LOUDLY, at 3 frickin AM!  About FACEBOOK and how she can’t get this setting or that setting to do this or that.  SERIOUSLY?!  We all wanted to smack her.  Sometime, once we were on the freeway, she got off.  I can’t remember if I slept on the way down or not.  I probably did, knowing me.  {I can sleep anywhere.  I once fell asleep at a hard rock concert!}

We get to the airport and Shuttle Express drops us off at Delta.  Turns out, we need Alaska Airlines.  So we schlep ourselves from one end of the terminal to the other.  Kyle was pulling my suitcase since it was heavier and I had his.  The weight limit for each suitcase is 50 pounds, right?  Mine weighed in at 46 pounds!  EEK!!  JUST made it!  {I could NOT decide what to bring!  At one point, it looked like I had my entire wardrobe laid out on the bed.}

Chad and Heidi at around 4:00 AM. Not sure why they’re smiling.  It wasn’t Happy Hour. LOL

We had a bit of time to kill at the airport.  I went in hunt of Dramamine because I totally forgot my SeaBands!  NO idea how I managed to do that.  I have 4 or 5 pairs and I didn’t even remember one pair?  Doh-Doh Head!  And the airport doesn’t sell them either.  You would think that would be something that they’d sell, but nope, they don’t.  Just an FYI in case you ever go in search for them because YOU forgot YOUR several pairs at home. ;0)  Anywho, Kyle needed food because he hadn’t eaten much in the past 36 hours.  It was too early for coffee, too.  Although not for Kyle.

My MIL is amazing and she made us all goody bags of treats for the flights to Florida.  And because she loves me so, she made mine ALL Gluten-Free!!  I forgot to take a picture of it, but there were chips, “granola” bar type things, cookies, {NASTY} gum.  Not sure what else but she went all out.

Finally we started boarding for our flight.  We flew to Los Angeles where we got breakfast and coffee.  {But let me tell you, it’s not so easy to always find gluten-free options in airports!  Frustrating!}  For my breakfast, I ended up asking for a container of milk, a cup, and a spoon.  In my goody bag, my MIL had included some gluten free granola cereal so I ate that.

We had a very, very long day of traveling, especially because we were going into a time zone that’s 3 hours ahead of us.  By the time we got to Florida, it was 6:00 PM.

Once in Florida, we made our way through the airport to the rental car desk.  Instead of paying an arm and a leg for an SUV to fit 7 {8 for part of the time} of us, we rented 2 cars at $10/day!  Such a steal!  And it made it very convenient not all having to pile in one car to go places {and saved me from being car sick because my FIL is a crazy-ass driver that thinks he needs to tailgate for no reason!}.

For the first two nights we were in Florida, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.  Nothing fancy at all.  After we checked in, we went to get something to eat, I think.  Everyone wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A.  I can’t remember what else we did that night.  Not much.  We were all tired from traveling all day so I think we just relaxed the rest of the night.

The breakfast {for the gluten-free} was undesirable!  The first morning, Kyle went down to get me something.  He got me sausage that I can’t even describe, just GROSS, eggs that I took one bite of and immediately spit right back out.  They must’ve been powdered eggs or something, I don’t know but they were even worse than the sausage, and some yogurt.  I ate that.  It was good and edible.

Day Two was really when all the fun started.  But I’m going to save that for later.  Just know, there are pictures, pictures and MORE pictures coming!


Speak Your Mind


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected | | Get your own free Blogoversary button! | Online Marketing - OnToplist.com |

Hit Counter
Visitors Since February 2, 2009